Make a Difference in the Lives of Families in Jamaica
Did you know?
- In Jamaica, one in every five children lives in poverty
- Families living in poverty are not able to regularly supply basic meals, running water, clothing or shoes
- Inferior housing and living shelters/shacks are often pieced together from scrap metal, cardboard, and other discarded materials
- Children lack education because schools require “registration fees” for attendance and that families can not afford
- Children not receiving an education also lack healthcare as it is provided through the schools
- The majority of children who grow up in poverty continue to live in poverty as adults
We must break the cycle of poverty.
The Jamaica Hope Foundation exists to improve living conditions for families in Jamaica.
Through our individual and family support programs and community integration, we impact the lives with groceries, clothing and shoes, living condition improvements, access to education, and more.
We also provide aid and basic necessities in time of natural and environmental disasters.
Help us to make a difference.
Photo Credit: Blog for the Poor
Photo Credit: The Guardian
Jamaica Hope Foundation is a 501(c)(3) Organization